Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Was Gremlin- animal Now Car Show And Cruise Night

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Was Gremlin- animal Now Car Show And Cruise Night Participation

Jim I prefer participant judging. None of my cars will ever be 100 point
resto's. When I had to make a whole new dash for my Hornet with parts
from 8 different cars from all over the country I was told you need
special rivets to attach the original vin to the new dash. There was a
set on eBay starting at 100$.  When the vin is riveted to the dash and
installed the rivets go under the cowl at the windshield and you can't
see the damn heads. Some of this show car judging borders on insane,
that's why I like participant judging or even spectator judging. There
are no local clubs here just a couple of loose groups that put on cruise
nights. It would be nice if I could get a couple of AMC cars to attend
at least one cruise night a month, we could even alternate which one we
go to as there are 3 a week on different days of the week every week. I
have since just given up. I will go to the ones I want to. I was in a
club in the late 70's-early 80's and had the only AMC there. There was
as was said there is always a few that always do all the work and I was
one of them. It gets old after a while. Looks like you had a real nice
show Jim.
"Doc"

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM

--- Begin Message ---

I know how you felt Doc and others.....I tried for over 5 years just to
get the local AMC people together with out much luck....so gave up and
joined the
local MOPAR club.....real nice bunch of people.....I think you will find
that most MOPAR shows have a class for AMC cars now...heck even the AMC
shows
are letting the MOPAR guys in..There were a few mopars at both of the
AMC shows I went to last year.

We had around 180 cars at our show yesterday a little over half were
Mopars....and the 4 AMC.....it is a participant judged show.....the 69
BBO Javelin
got 1st ( this was a show car for him in the late 70s and early 80s,
first time he has had the car out in over 5 years.)....78 Concord AMX
2nd and my
73 Matador 3rd place.......The Gremlin is not finished yet so did not
get it out to the show.....

check out the web site there are pictures of my cars, except the Concord
Coupe on there .

http://www.moparsunlimitedofidaho.com/

I am trying again this year to get a few AMC people out for a
BBQ/Picnic in Aug. will see how it goes............

Jim
Nampa, Idaho