Re: [BaadAssGremlins] The Ardsley Show's Out Come

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] The Ardsley Show's Out Come

Sorry the attendance was poor but it sounds like you had a good time. I can understand why they didn't notice the grill they were too busy looking at all your other detail work.
Terry

AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Due to the poor weather and chance of rain, attendance was poor. We had
9 AMC's, a Korean era military Jeep with all the military hardware and
an early 70's Jeepster pickup and 5 non AMC's. A 48 Lincoln cruised
through. That is 1/3'rd the cars we usually have. Most notable amongst
the cars in attendance was a perfect Adam 12 clone made from a real
Matador 401 police car. One very nice Gremlin with a 258 engine with a
cam headers and a 4 bbl. A Matador coup, a 68 Javelin and a 74 Javelin,
a 70 AMX and one of my favorite cars a 68 Rouge HDTP. My friends cousins
74 Hornet 360 Sportabout. And just for you Eddie a mint 68 Rebel convert
with a 1970 390 engine with a machine hood with a working air induction
system. The owners gril friend also has a 68 Rebel convert. There was a
mid to late 80's Mustang there with a sign in the window saying "Will
Trade For An AMC" and he was serious. There was also a 2000 Vette and of
course a mid 80's Camero and even a mint Yugo that was for sale. The
Yugo's owner is also restoring an english sports car that was produced
with a Mopar big block, I can't remember the name of off the top of my
bald head which by the way got it first good sun burn. There was also a
mint Spirit whose owners mother was with him and she worked for AMC at
the zone office 5 miles north of where the show was held. I had met them
in the past and she was very knowledgable about AMC's more than the
average person that just worked in the office. Last but not least was my
orange Hornet. No body but the shows promoter and his wife had seen the
car in 2 years. I got rave reviews about my new interior, some people
thought I had had it repainted since the original orange paint polished
out so nice. Every on said the car had the right stance and look but
couldn't put their finger on why it just looked so good inside and out
until I pointed out all the subtle modifications I had made inside and
out. The only big exterior modification was detailing the Western
turbine style wheels with the orange body color paint and the made from
scratch AMC logo for the dummy knock off centers, and of the lightly
smoked windows. The car took a trophy in class "A", I am not familiar in
classes and judging. The only person to notice the grill was not on the
car was the shows promotors 13 year old daughter. I used to baby sit her
after school before her father got home from work when she was 5 years
old. She had a sharp eye for cars even back then as she picked out a
yellow Javelin model out of a bunch of models I had in my model case,
her father had a yellow Javelin back than. All in all I accomplished
what I started out to do. I tastefully modified a stock Hornet Hatchback
into the way I thought it should be with mostly stock AMC parts from
different years and some one of parts I made or bought and modified. I
had a wonderful time even though my back was giving me some trouble and
so was my emphazima. My wife didn't go with me and when I got home she
was expecting me to cook dinner. Yea right FAT CHANCE!!!!!! I put 2
hours into hand painting the silver on the ribs of my grill resto job
while watching the last half of the NASCAR race on TV and crashed till
this morning. I have to have the film developed to post some pic's later
this week. Was all the work and money well spent on this car? HELL
YES!!!!!!!! Later All.
"Doc"

Do you Yahoo!?
Get on board. You're invited to try the new Yahoo! Mail Beta. __._,_.___

Carnival spirit Spirit phone system Spirit medium

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS