[BaadAssGremlins] Rudy's Gremlin's

.........Rudy's Tragedy.........

Does anyone know how to contact them..........

When worlds collide; mythical beasties meet the real thing

(6-2-2006) - In drag racing, there are gremlins and there are Gremlins.
There are thousands of the former and very few of the latter.
The first variety comes in all shapes, sizes, and strengths and can exhibit
stubbornness ranging from the annoying-but-relatively-simple to downright
jump-off-a-cliff nasty. The second variety just comes in a few different
colors.
The first variety is imaginary, an attribution given to any and all
problems, difficulties, glitches, or situations that conspire to keep a race
car from realizing its true performance potential. The second variety is all
too real, a product of gone-but-not-forgotten American Motors.
Both types are unusual in their own ways, but when you combine gremlins with
Gremlins, well, strange and unpredictable things can happen. Unfortunately,
Bill and Connie Rudy learned this the hard way while en route from their
home in Lima, Oho, to this weekend's IHRA race in Grand Bend, Ontario.
The couple, who field a pair of the unusual little cars, were shocked to
discover that sometime during their trip to Canada a fire had broken out in
their trailer. Fortunately, if there is a fortunately in this story, the
relatively air-tight confines of their enclosed rig suffocated the blaze
before it could gain full strength.

The Rudys had no idea that anything out of the ordinary had happened until
they opened the trailer door while waiting in line to enter the gate at
Grand Bend Motorplex. They were immediately greeted by the sickening smell
of smoke and burned rubber and the sight of two charred race cars.
Connie's Hot Rod-class car, which was on the floor of the trailer, suffered
the most damage, while Bill's Super Rod roadster, the only one of its kind
in drag racing, fared better. It was still wounded, however, and under
normal circumstances it would have not been track worthy. But they were here
to race and they were determined to do just that.
After unloading the cars and assessing the damage, Bill set to work
salvaging parts from Connie's car to make one car out of two.

"I came to Grand Bend to race, and that's what I'm going to do," he said as
he stripped vital components from his wife's car. As for Connie, well, she's
going to offer the most help and support that she can while her husband
takes to the track. "I guess now I'm the cheerleader and car washer this
weekend," she said.
It looks like we have to call this one a tie - the gremlins got one, but
Bill and Connie Rudy are determined to give their Gremlin a shot at evening
the score.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM