[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Petronix

Tod,

You're right, my mistake.  I was just curious about the Petronix
setup.  Another setup that I believe is popular with the Jeep folks
is swapping in a GM HEI unit.  I picked up a non-integral coil unit
and swapped out the gear drive with one from a spare 258 distributor
that I had lying around.  It just required a little grinding on the
top side of the gear to fit.  It's supposed to drop right in.  I'll
let you know how it turns out.

Dan

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Todd Tomason <jayscore@...>
wrote:

> Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I thought that the
Pertronix was a
> replacement for the points and condenser.  If you already have an
electronic
> ignition it doesn't fit.  You would probably be able to use the
Pertronix if
> you switched in an older distributer.  I'm not sure what year they
changed.
> Around 75?
>
> You also mentioned a computer with the Prestolite ignition on your
77 258.  I
> don't think you have a computer.  Are you talking about a module
that is
> mounted on the inner fender?  (Probably on the passenger side.)
This is an
> ignition module.  You would not need this module with the
Pertronix.  It has

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM