Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Donor car...Hornet V-8

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Donor car...Hornet V-8

Bill,
 Nice score! Assuming you have a 258 in the hornet the bolt pattern for the bell is the same as the v-8. But no the 3 spd will not handle th etorque of the 360 even in stock form.
 You will need a 4 spd or a 727 auto.
 HOw are the fenders and dash on the 72 hornet? I may be interested.
 Davis

Bill Renshaw <lionwren@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ok! Did a little road trip last weekend and got some really nice
fenders for my Gremlin project and found a 72 Hornet 4 door that is a V-
8 car. I am getting it rather cheap because it has to go and it has all
the makings for the next in line project. Taking the plain jane Hornet
and stuffin' an 1982 360 that I got last week in it. Everything is
there on the donor car. SO....out with the really old...and in with not
quite as old. One really quick question??? Will the three speed that is
in the car now handle the extra power of the 360? I know that it may
not bolt up to the V-8 and I may have to find a different bell housing.
I would like to keep it as plain jane as possible. (sleeper car) And
not have to cut the floor board and have to remove the colum shift. Any
input here will be greatly appreciated and of course respected....
Thanks!! Bill Id.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM