Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 77 258 header and carb linkage question

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 77 258 header and carb linkage question

Dan you can always drill and tap a hole in the manifold and bolt on a
home made bracket or have a welding shop weld a tab on where you need
it.
"Doc"

Home is just a click away.? Make Yahoo! your home page now.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM

--- Begin Message --- Thanks Bill, Doc.  My car is a 4 speed so I don't have to worry
about shifter linkage or kickdown linkage issues.  Bill, I am almost
postive that my Offy does not have that tab hanging down in front
(although it's been a while since I looked at it).  I did notice
that the header that I got looks almost just like the one in Brother
B's album, if that makes a difference.  It is a 6 into 1.  I will
let you know what I come up with once I get into this.

Dan

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "William Renshaw"
<lionwren@...> wrote:

> Dan,
> If its anything like the Clifford intake, there should be a piece
that hangs
> down on the front part of the intake manifold. It will have to be
drilled
> and tapped for the size of bolt that you will have to use to
attatch the
> power steering pump. If you go to Brother B's. album at B.A.G. you
should be
> able to see that piece that hangs down. I am going to have to do
the same
> thing that your facing now. I will be installing a power steering
unit also.
> I am not looking forward to it. Its going to be some work to get
the proper
> alignment. Personally I am going to have a machine shop do the
drilling and
> tapping, but getting the proper alignment is going to be up to me.
On the
> carb linkage, I used one off a Chevy. If your going to run a 4
speed you
> wont have any issues with the trans. kickdown linkage. I could
never get one
> to work right, and after burning up 3 904's, I went to the B.W. T-
10. I dont
> mean that it cant be done properly, it can. I just didnt have
the "knowhow"
> to make it work. I couldnt even find a decent mechanic to make it
work. One
> thing that I did do was put a full manual valve bodie in the auto.
That
> completely aliminated the trans kickdown, but the down side was
the tranny
> has to be manually shifted. I had to use an aftermarket floor
shifter. The
> colum shift would not fit by the header. Clifford now uses a
shorty header
> and there isnt any issues with clearence problems, but I have the
old school
> long tube headers and there is some issues with clearence
problems. Some one
> might see this and be able to help ya out. I believe Jim from
southern Idaho
> has a Spirit with an auto and if I remember right he got his to
work
> properly. Dont get discoraged, things can be done. Hope that this
helps.

> Bill Renshaw Lewiston Idaho
> AKA Brother B.
> AMC'S RULE.....the rest just drool like the dogs they are.
> 1973 Gremlin X "clone" (project)
> 1970 Original Hornet "plain jane"
>

> >From: "Dan M." <vegadan@...>
> >To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] 77 258 header and carb linkage question
> >Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 02:06:50 -0000
> >
> >I scored a header for the 258 in my 77 hornet.  Along with the
Offy
> >intake, what do I do with the ps bracket?  I noticed that it
bolts to
> >the intake or exhaust manifold.  Is there an aftermarket bracket,
or
> >does anybody know if the ps bracket bolts to the Offy manifold?
> >
> >The other question I have is that the Offy 2 plane manifold that I
> >have rotates the holley 390 carb that I want to use by 90 degrees
> >(primaries closest to the engine, secondaries furthest away).  Is
> >there an aftermarket linkage that I can get, or has somebody come
up
> >with an arrangement that will let me use this carb?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Dan

--- End Message ---