Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 74 Gremlin for $13600

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 74 Gremlin for $13600

Eddie I met Steve Green at the 2000 Nat's in Ct. when I met you and saw
the blue AMX. Me and my son tried to buy the extra Matador coups he was
selling a few years later, but he didn't respond and he later told me he
sold them. I was looking for a sportabout 2 years ago and was given a
lead on one sitting in a driveway for many years. It turns out it was
next to Steve's house as I saw by the 3 mint AMC's in the drive way and
recognized the house from the pic's on the post card. To bad the
Sportabout was past help even as a parts car. I haven't seen Steve or
talked to him in quite a few years. His warehouse is 6 blocks from where
I live and he has at least 40-50 cars in it.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- Hi Doc, Steve Green bought my 77 Barcelona coupe years ago for $3400. He was
on a frenzy in I believe 2000 and suddenly wanted Matadort coupes. He bought
about 5-6 of them all over country, then once up there, piked and choosed
which ones he kept in collection. Two of the neater cars he has is Dick
Teague's white/white 78 Barcelona coupe, it was specially built for Dick and
given to him by employees at AMC. What will make one's peepee hard is
looking at the stunning original photos of it, from being stamped, to
electrical being installed, to seats and interior, to marshalling yard in
Milwaukee to Teague being given the car and sitting in it. The car sold for
$25,000 in 98 to Steven, then and now a record for a Matador coupe.

It is the LAST Matador ever built. It is the ONLY white/white Barcelona
built. And it is the LAST Matador coupe built and only has 6600 original
miles.

Another car he bought was the 74 AMX that was stored in a cave in Kansas
City. Under and around KC there are caves where tons of shit are kept due to
humidity and temps same year round, like gove archives, movies, and well,
cars. The 74 AMX is a Maxi Blue one, 360/2V with only 1900 miles on it. I
believe he paid about $23K for it in 99; he brought it to the Nationals in
Berlin, CT in 2000. Stunning original car. Neat history how many do you know
been stored in a cave!

Steven is a realtor up your ways, really super guy to talk to, real avid AMC
fan too, lucky for us. I have his postcard, which is about a 8x10, and shows
a number of his cars on the front, all AMCs, here somewhere. I will have to
dig for it however, but if you can come up with his phone number pass it on
to me, would like to give him a shout.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825