[BaadAssGremlins] Re: 77 AMX leaf springs wanted

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: 77 AMX leaf springs wanted

Doc, my car is a 6/4 speed amx.  It doesn't have a front sway bar.
I was thinking of adding both a front and a rear sometime down the
road.  The car is not really fast, but it is a lot of fun to drive.
Plus, I have plans for some minor mods for some extra hp.

Onree, you are correct, this is a question that I will contact Espo
about, since I bought everything from them.  Unfortunately, they
won't be in their office until Monday, and I was hoping to get the
car on the road this weekend.  I imagine that I would have to wait
for them to send me another pair of springs, or bushings that will
fit the ones that I have, but I figure that as long as my solution
is ok, I will get it together this weekend, and then call them on
Monday and see where it goes.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Dan

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Onree <onree@...> wrote:

> This may seem obvious, but why not address this question to the
folks at
> ESPO??? Did you get the bushings from ESPO also? Suppliers get
away with
> this stuff because we let them.
> Onree
>

> on 4/28/06 11:36 PM, Dan M. at vegadan@... did write:
>
> > Ok.  I got home today and my new springs were there to greet
me!  I
> > was so excited.  I started to put them in, but I realized that I
had a
> > problem.  The rear spring eyelet is slightly bigger than the
lower
> > shackle bushing.  The eyelet is about 1 1/16" in diameter, while
the
> > bushing is 1".  I measured the old spring's eyelet, and it
turned out
> > to be 1" also, so I think maybe Espo made a mistake.  So my
questions
> > are, has anybody else encountered this, and what did they do?
> >
> > I went to the hardware store and got a piece of red rubber, 1/16"
> > thick.  I fashioned a sleeve that fit inside the eyelet, that I
then
> > slipped the bushing into.  It was all very snug, so I had to use
> > grease to get it all together.  It fit real snug.  Any comments
on
> > this solution?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dan
> >
> > --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@ wrote:
> >>
> >> Hey Dan that's what we are all here for to help each other.
Using old
> >> springs would have been a waste of time and money. I have had my
> > yellow
> >> 74 Hornet since it was new 32 years ago so I have an idea on
many
> >> problems that most Gremlin. Hornet owners have had since I have
had
> >> them. On my 2 1/2 year old orange 74 Hornet project I have had
a few
> >> never had on the yellow one. I am still learning after all these
> > years
> >> and being a professional mechanic for over 40 years.
> >> You will love the new springs. Be sure to use a good brand of
HD gas