[BaadAssGremlins] Re: 77 AMX leaf springs wanted

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: 77 AMX leaf springs wanted

Ok.  I got home today and my new springs were there to greet me!  I
was so excited.  I started to put them in, but I realized that I had a
problem.  The rear spring eyelet is slightly bigger than the lower
shackle bushing.  The eyelet is about 1 1/16" in diameter, while the
bushing is 1".  I measured the old spring's eyelet, and it turned out
to be 1" also, so I think maybe Espo made a mistake.  So my questions
are, has anybody else encountered this, and what did they do?

I went to the hardware store and got a piece of red rubber, 1/16"
thick.  I fashioned a sleeve that fit inside the eyelet, that I then
slipped the bushing into.  It was all very snug, so I had to use
grease to get it all together.  It fit real snug.  Any comments on
this solution?

Thanks,
Dan