[BaadAssGremlins] Update # 2 on 72 strip/street grem

[BaadAssGremlins] Update # 2 on 72 strip/street grem

Well it is now 10:30 pm. I sanded my quarter with 220 and painted it
with Hi-build primer looks ok. Still a few waves that need fixing.
Can't see em, but I can feel em.
 I got my headers bolted in. It was a PITA even with the tranny
missing. Drivers side went in with no trouble. Pas side I had to jack
the front end waaayyy up and finally got it in. one tube bearly hits
the mini starter so I marked it to put a small ding later with the
ballpeen.
When I unpacked the headers, inspection showed that the tube that
accepts the #8 removable tube was dented so I had to fix that,Where
they cut #8 tube there was like an 1/8 inch bur I had to file off.
Port match is close, needs minor grinding.Will need to grind for
clearance of the head bolts. I will also weld a tab on the #8 Tubes so
I can bolt them together at the joint. I will weld the gap between the
outside of the flange and the header tubes. I need to weld in the evac
tubes as well. As you can see these $615.00 headers are far from a
quality bolt on.
 Anyway I added a few pics to my folder of the header fit and the rear
quarter. Look at how far apart my grem is. I sure hope I can have it
done for the middle of june.
 O ya, and I came down with a killer cold today. Can't take time off
from the car though.

 Davis