Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Subtle Detailing On an Old AMC To Look Modern And

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Subtle Detailing On an Old AMC To Look Modern And You Can't See It.

That's great Doc. I can't wait to see it.
 Davis

AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Unlike modern cars with the stick on individual letters for brand ID, in
the old way they were cast and as a chrome block of letters with spaces
between them, the spaces were painted black. Like the 3 block letter
Hornet emblems on my car. The black paint on mine is wearing off but the
chrome is fine. I was going to re-paint the black but I had a better
idea. I am going to paint the areas that were black the orange body
color of the car making the letters look like they are individual ones.
Details Details I love it. The work is a pain but the final results are
well worth it. I also have to restore the plastic stick on AMC emblem on
the drivers side of the license plate under the hatch. Going to do the
orange thing on that one too. All these subtle little details just keeps
making this car look better and better and no one can single out one
thing that stands out. :-) That's the way it is supposed to be, the
overall effect is what count's.
"Doc"