[BaadAssGremlins] Making Progress

As I feared all the brake dust on my front wheels did not all come off
with the wash job yesterday. I am looking into where I can get that
Spray Nine cleaner that John Ellie recommended. I have not had the time
to finish sand the grill for painting but since it is going to rain for
the next 2-3 days I will be house bound and finish that up. Today I will
do some minor detailing getting the car show and cruise night ready. The
car doesn't have a radio now. It had a big hole chopped in the center of
the dash when I bought it and the base of a factory antenna on the pass
side front fender. A member of Bart's Gremlin group, Rick gave me a new
dash center and a radio delete plate. Thanks Rick. I don't want a radio.
For looks I bought an antenna stem since the base was already in the
fender. I will have to modify the adapter base to make it flow from the
factory base into the after market antenna stem so it looks factory. You
all know what a pain I am about details. I also got an AMC antenna flag
from the AMO. Boy then guy's there are fast. I sent them a check monday
and the flag came thursday in the mail. So the flag on the antenna will
clear up that eyesore of an antenna base. The chrome strip below the
hatch between the tail lights has a few dings in it. In a batch of parts
I bought from Davis on Bart's group I have a nice ding free one that
just needs the stainless polished out and installed. Not to brag but
then again yes I am after all my hard work and money the car is really
shaping up nicely and I can say I did most of the work myself. I can't
go any where without getting a compliment on the looks of the car
lately. Just yesterday as I was pulling out of a parking lot a fireman
said nice looking old car, and the same thing the day before and that
person even knew it was a Hornet. The door popper I put in the hatch to
save my fingers came apart so I will have to fix that when I install the
new stainless rear trim and I still need to plate the hatch alignment
pin I made from scratch. Details, details. Later all.
"Doc"