Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Grill Resto

Davis how come the headers don't fit? Has the Gremlin turned into an all
out race car now? For what it may cost you to modify the headers you may
have been better off building them from scratch. Me I will just be glad
to finish up my grill and have it on the car by the end of the month.
Between the door sill resto and the grill I am tired of all this tedious
detail work. My next project should be much easier. I will start
stripping and painting the 77 AMX fender flairs and hope to have them on
the car before the Ardsley show June 4th. But with everything else with
this car I know there will be some sort of problem. I am concerned about
the bigger than stock front tires and the wheel offset that may cause
the tires to rub the flairs on a turn. I had that problem in the past
till I saw the previous owner had the 2 deeper offset wheels on the
front. Swapping them cured the problem for now. With the wheels detailed
with the orange body color, the new orange rubber bumper inserts and the
resto'd grill the flairs should be the final touch. I still have to
paint and install the AMX rear window louver but that will be the next
project or should I say the last body mod project. I already had it
media blasted in January.Now if I could only find a place to chrome my
bumpers. I decided to stay with the chrome bumpers as I think them
painted the body color would be to overwhelming being orange. I will how
ever remove them big ugly rubber bumper guards. The car when finished
will be my version of what I thought a 77 AMX should look like. I never
liked the targa bar or the painted bumpers with the horizontal rubber
bump strip on it. I think the chrome bumpers will break up the orange.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message ---
Nice to se there will be an end Doc. little by little. I started more of the body work on my gremlin. I also got my pro stock headers yesterday and installed the drivers side. No steering collum in yet. Two tubes are dead center of the collum shaft. Pass side doesn't even come close. I have a race car fabricator comming tonight to give me a price on fitting them.
 I am off to the engine shop this AM to see if my valves came in.
 Davis

AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
After sanding the grill with 320# sandpaper for the last 4 days I am
starting to make some progress. I have also succeeded in sanding off the
skin on one finger. I forgot to tape it up with masking tape to protect
it. I should have it ready for paint by next monday by working on it 2-3
hours a day till then. What a pain of job.
"Doc"