[BaadAssGremlins] Silver Paint On Grills

[BaadAssGremlins] Silver Paint On Grills

I can't state the color of the silver paint used on Gremlins only 74
Hornet's. My yellow 74 has a bright type silver paint on it which is an
early build 74. My orange 74 is a late build 74 with a 75 grill. That is
more of a coarse looking grayish metallic silver color. I took a chance
and bought a spray can of the silver paint used on Camero and Mopar
steel rally wheels sold by Eastwood because it is not a bright silver. I
have already did the headlight doors with it. Since my grill is black
with the silver accents I painted them with Plasticote flat black
lacquer primer, then masked them up and painted the Eastwood silver and
then sprayed the whole thing with Eastwoods Diamond Satin Finish clear
to dull the silver out a bit more and seal it and protect it. I been
painting for 40 years and have a pretty good eye for colors. When I was
done the silver in my opinion almost matches the original color
perfectly as far as I can tell from what's left of the original paint,
but then again I don't have a mint grill to compare it to. It looks just
fine to me as I am not doing a 100 point restoration. When the car is
done it will look like AMC made it that way. My next project on the car
will be to strip, paint and install the 77 AMX flairs. This has got to
be easier than the door sill and grill resto.
"Doc"