Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Subframe connectors and rear roll hoop

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Subframe connectors and rear roll hoop

Ian,
 For the subframe connectors I went to the local steel supply place and looked thru their old steel or scraps. I found the perfect box steel. 2X2X1/8"  Make sure when you slide the box steel into the rear subframe that you don't go too far in and block the access hole for the leaf spring bolt. I can take more pics if you like but it is really a simple install. Find the place in the floor to cut by looking for the spotwelds. They will be in a square. use a drill bit to make a hole to get your sawzall blade in there to cut the floor. As you can see in the pic in my folder the frame connector is made up of 3 pieces. YOu could use only one piece at an angle if you prefer.

 As for the roll bar why only 4 point? YOu should install atleast a 6 point. This will stiffen the chasis. I got my kits from my local speed shop. Cost was about 200 bucks. It is an 8 point cage made by competition engineering. The local speed shop got it for the same price as summit or jegs and I didn't have to pay shipping. You need to order a setup for a hornet. There is no listing for a gremlin. The kit is the same though and fits the gremlin perfect. Do yourself a favor and get a pipe notching jig from Summit or someplace. It will make cutting the pipes much easier!! Also invest in a really good 1 3/4" hole saw.
 The 6 points you will atleast need will be 2 for the hoop, 2 for the rear struts which should go back to the rear cargo area on top of where the rear frame rail is, and 2 struts going from where the hoop crossbar and hoop meet down to the frame connector. The kit will come with instructions.
 I have installed 4 rollcages in gremllins so far. If you have questions you can give me a call 860-997-2732 cell 9-9 EST
 Davis Martin
 Amc Team

iedawkin <iedawkin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm going to be installing subframe connectors and a rear 4 point roll
bar. Any suggestions on sourcing connectors(what square tube size did
you use Dave Martin and any more pics?) and how about a decently
priced rear 4 point roll cage.

Ian Dawkins