[BaadAssGremlins] Glue This, Re-Enforce That

[BaadAssGremlins] Glue This, Re-Enforce That

Still working every day for 2-3 hours on my grill since a week ago last
friday. Since the grill is out I decided to re-enforce all the grill
mounting points and forget about them. The wife is on my case about the
grill being in the house, to bad!!!! I had one area that was warped and
that was where they made a spot to reach in under the hood to release
the hood latch, the material was just to thin. I picked up some 1/2"
square plexi glass at the local plexi place friday and made me a
re-enforcement for the back of this area after I clamped the grill and
used the wife's hair drier as a heat gun to remove as much of the
warpage as possible. I glued the piece of plexi glass in with JB Weld.
Before gluing the plexi in I used my battery powered Dremil to grove the
plexi to make it fit the curve of the back of the grill. Tomorrow I will
start to glue in the mounting tabs I made from scratch to mount the
headlight door screws which were missing. I also need to make a few
re-enforcements in the grill that factory should have put in but didn't.
All this work may seem like over kill but it is a 32 year old brittle
plastic grill that once it goes back in will not come out again in my
life time, I hope. By mid week I will have put the grill back in the
1"X1" wooden jig I made and start the sanding and painting to finish it.
Before the grill goes back in I will add a tranny oil cooler.
I got 15 hours in the grill so far. It looks like its going to be a 40
hour + job like my door sill resto. :-(
"Doc"