[BaadAssGremlins] Hey guys.

I joined the group awhile back but I don't get a chance to post often.
Work blocked access to all Groups.

Anyway I picked up a 76 Gremlin back in August. It is a 232 automatic
with colum shift, PS, manual brakes. The body is pretty good. It needs
a good clean up of the 30 years worth of scraps but no major damage or
rust. Some one started to redo the interior but it is not a great job.
I want to convert the car to a V8. I have been reading up and have a
good idea of the parts I need. Since the car runs and drives now I am
not in a hurry.
Yesterday I picked up an AMC 360 out of a J10 for $100. It included
everything from the carb to the oil pan, alternator, PS pump, fan etc.
I am going to strip it to the bare block and start from there.

I have read that the 360 and 401 are basically the same block with
different internals. Could I take the 360 block and build it out as a
401?
 I don't know the casting number of the block yet. I should haave
checked it while it was on the hoist.