[BaadAssGremlins] Spring Time is Gremlin time.

[BaadAssGremlins] Spring Time is Gremlin time.

Hi Folks I have not posted a message in a long time. I'm attending
college and my home work has prevented me from doing much posting. Any
way I have a really good start on the resto of my 73 Grem X Levis. I
have the motor mostly rebuilt; it just needs assembly. My original
goal was to have a finished car by the time I graduate in June. It is
not going to happen. I don't have enough time or money to do it. I
looked tword my green Gremmy thinking that now that It has a new motor
in it that car could be the one I drive to my last day of college.
Although it runs, it still needs a lot to be road worthy...like seats
would be nice. it would take about $1,000.00 to bring it up to nice
condition. Seems cheap, but for a college student with bills and child
support it isn't possible to use that money on the car. Since I have
two Gremlins in the process of resto I decided to concentrate on only
one of them. I have always dreamed of owning a Levis Gremlin so I'm
going to throw my energy into that one for now and hopfully it will be
finished in a year or two. It is going to depend on the job I get with
my new education because the  more money I can make the more I can job
stuff out on the resto making the retso go faster. Still, I have the
delema of what to do with the other two Gremlins that I want to
restore. I store them on my parents proberty in the country and my dad
insists on draging them out ino the open where they can rust out. I
have eight Gremlins I started out with four restorable ones and now I
am down to three because one of them rusted so bad the frame pulled
appart in the middle. I had three rust free Gremlins but my poor Green
Gremlin sat too long in a wet area and I'm now questioning  weather
that one is restorable. The floors are holy and the rear quarters are
rusted through too. It would be a shame because two years ago I put a
rebuilt 258 with a rare two barrel manifold and carb on it. I just got
everything to work. That set up sure increased its pep. The other two
resto projects are super solid. I just got the Levis Grem from a
salage yard that brought it to MN from Arizona. Its so nice when
everything is dry and rust free. The third car I have is a another 73
Gremlin X that I secretly bought before my divorce and hid it in my
parents barn. It is fully opted with everything that was availble that
year except the V8,Tach, and levis int. My dad is talking about
dragging it out of there and that worries me because I don't want any
more Gremlins lost to cancer.
So at any rate I was going to ask to see if any one out there would
happen to have chrome trim for the rear glass for my Green Gremlin.
The car has the cheap rear window that has the glued on chrome trim.
it is not like the earlier Gremlins that have the window incased in
the chrome frame. This appears to be a sheet ot glass with the hinges
 bolted to it and the chrome glued to the out side. My children seem
to have peeled of my trim and threw it some place. I need the entire
passenger side part of the rear window trim; the other half is still
there...go figure.
I hope to post picture of my most recent projects soon!

Later, Kevin