[BaadAssGremlins] Re: another sad day pisses me off....

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: another sad day pisses me off....

thanks for understanding Eddie.. Its sad to see yet another Amc go
down the tubes. When I sold the cord it was under the conditon that I
could buy it back after she was done with it. Well we all know how
that went. Help keep as many amc's on the road as you guys can. I wan
my children to know how good of a car any Amc car is.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eddie Stakes"
<eddiestakes@...> wrote:

> Reading Scott's letter below reminded me of a sweet 66 Ambassador
four door
> I once owned, bought it for $200 from original owner. Inside would
take you
> back in time with all the real chrome on the dash. Good running
327, just a
> solid Texas car. The only problem was the torque tube driveshaft.
Not sure
> anyone here has experience with those but to describe one would be
like a
> toothpick inside a straw. I could not find any place here in
Houston willing
> to work on it. This was in the 1980s. So I decided to sell it, and
sold it
> to a fellow who worked at Mmam's cafe as a waiter, or $225. I let
him know
> that while the car ran and drove fine, it would need driveshaft in
the next
> few months, as it would wobble and make some noise around 50mph,
otherwise
> fine. He said no problem and gave me cash, drove it for some months
and I
> used to see it at the next apartments I live on Westheimer in west
Houston.
> One day I noticed it had dust, and it had been months since i sold
it, but
> just seemed to sit there, then got a apartment red notice sticker.
So i went