[BaadAssGremlins] Re: INDY heads/RPM Air-Gap...mismatch???? HUGE gap on

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: INDY heads/RPM Air-Gap...mismatch???? HUGE gap on the ...

-YEP!! Gonna call em today. This is getting REAL expensive...just in
parts alone! Luckily my friend is helping with the machine work
labor.Just heard back from Randy Guynn. I knew the heads were
thicker....400 thousandths or so. The thickness is at the head gasket
area..so they ARE taller.The INDY intake has more material at the end
seal area to fill the gap!! BUT...when you look up the SR head kit in
the INDY catalog...it states.."will accept any  STOCK or aftermarket
intake manifold"!!SO..being  un educated on INDY heads quirks...(read
that dumbass).....i "ASSUMED" that my BRAND NEW Edelbrock airgap
would bolt right  up and work! Wouldn't you ASSUME that one would
bolt up and work, after the way the catalog stated it???? I've been
collecting pieces to do my 401 for about two years..wish i had known
more about the INDY heads!!!! Live and learn..but it gets expensive.