Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Door panel question????

Thanks Doc...I appreciate the come back..In the past with my L.U.V. truck...this may sound stoopid but it worked....what I did was take a spray bottle with nothing but warm water and basically water damaged an already water damaged door panel....Then placed the door panel on concrete and used weight(like big friggin' rocks) and plywood to flatten it out....After about 2-3 days of drying time door panel was as flat as the concrete and the plywood... The water softened the door panel, and the weight pressed it flat.....May sound like a wierd way but it did flatten out.. What I was afraid of was the L.U.V. panel was made of a different material then the AMC panel and they are. Being a door panel not only made by 2 different companies and being 10 years in different age. Plus, the panels for my truck I believe are made to get wet, to some degree  and to be able to "straighten" them selves out....to some extent. You dont normally take your car places you take your pickup truck. All though I have been known to....do some really dum stuff in the past!! INSTANT BUTT HEAD...JUST ADD ALCHOHOL!!   LOL!! :)=           Thanks again Doc.  Bill Id.

From: AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Door panel question????
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 05:55:47 -0500

Forget the fiber board. The water damage has ruined the door panel. The
original pressed card board  backing is available at any competent
upholstery shop for 12$ a sheet. Use your old one as a template.
You should be able to make 2 door panels from one sheet. I made all new
door panels and hatch area panels with this stuff.
"Doc"

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS