Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: coil springs over shocks

lol yes my grem rides extremly hard espically on gravel lol
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2006 12:14 PM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: coil springs over shocks

The shocks with the springs together are called Monroe Load levellers.
Other shock companies probably call them by different names. I have used
them in my yellow Hornet when I was a mechanic because I used to carry a
heavy tool box for road calls. I also added an extra leaf to each
spring. It was a hard ride but did what I needed. The shocks alone
without the extra leaf in each spring might have did some serious damage
to the shock brackets and shock body mounts. I now run the HD ESPO
springs with a name brand HD gas shock in my orange car. The HD springs
had an extra leaf than the stock ones. The idiot that had the car before
me tried to raise the car with shackles and the old springs bent the
wrong way and did not raise the car. I along with the springs got new
rear spring shackles along with urethane bushing. The car rides nice but
is a little stiff but that is the way I like it, I will give up a soft
mushy ride any day for one that handles when I need it. The small AMC's
were never known for a smooth ride and a Gremlin with a shorter wheel
base than a Hornet is even worse.
"Doc"

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS