Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: mileage

every day rly
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2006 5:20 AM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: mileage

It is obvious to me that if you only drive it back and forth to school
and it doesn't warm up and everything is new and adjusted properly that
this is the problem. The choke doesn't open all the way and it is
running rich. Take it for an hour drive and then check the mileage. Then
you will get a more realistic mileage number. Wiring the choke open is
not the answer. It should start with 2 pumps. The choke might be out of
adjustment if you have to pump it that many times. Also look down the
carb and see if with each pump of the throttle gas is shooting in the
carb. If not maybe the accelerator pump is bad or the gas bleeds back
out of the carb. How often do you drive the car? The gas in my Chevies
carb evaporates and it needs to be cranked an extra bit to get the carb
filled up after sitting for a week or two but I still only pump it
twice.
"Doc"

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS