From: AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Found the last one.......
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:43:55 -0500

No Bill I am not a genius, but I have been working on these cars my
whole adult life. 74 Hornet's especially and with so many parts used on
the Gremlin's my Hornet knowledge works on both cars. Eddie has been
preaching for years about sheet metal parts drying up and the high cost
of setting up a run for repo parts especially for Hornet's and Gremlin's
which are not exactly the high end high profile cars like Javelins &
AMX's. They were however AMC's bread and butter cars when the other AMC
lines turned out not to be big sellers such as the Pacer and the Matador
coupe. The Matador coupe looks like a nicer version of my 77 Malibu and
the Pacer was way ahead of it's time design wise. Me I prefer the Hornet
Hatchback, but that's just me. If you have the room and money save what
parts you can. My apartment, 2 car garage and rented storage space is
full. Speaking of people that can't or shouldn't be allowed to drive at
the nursing home my mother is at there was an accident involving an old
man that should not be driving. He backed out of a handicapped parking
spot in front of the entrance, jumped the curb went across an 8 foot
wide side walk through the front electronically controlled doors and
then another 10 feet into the second set of doors into the lobby mowing
down a resident in a wheel chair. Seniors call it senior bashing if you
would pass a law making them take a divers test at a certain age to see
if they could still drive competently. I am 59 and told the wife and
kids take the keys when you feel I can't drive properly any more. I will
properly put up a fight but I know they will do the right thing by
getting me off the road.
"Doc"

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS