From: Bradley Jones <wagonmasterx5@xxxxxxxxx>
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Eagles
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:44:37 -0800 (PST)

 Forgot to mention that part... the kind that lifts the frame rails, not the kind that you drive on to

Onree <onree@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If it is in 4x4 it will sound a little different, and feel a little different, especially going around corners. This may sound obvious, but if you use a lift, make sure it is the kind that lifts the frame rails, not the kind that you drive on to the ramps. Also, jack stands work fine if you don't have access to a lift. Don't try it with just two jack stands, 'cause if it is stuck or locked into 4x4, it will just drive right off the stands.
Onree

on 3/9/06 9:18 PM, Bradley Jones at wagonmasterx5@xxxxxxxxx did write:

Engine should be a 258 ci straight 6. For testing the 4x4 system; 1st, with the engine running, pull down and slide the switch. Should hear a vacuum sound. 2nd, put it on a lift with the 4x4 system engaged, put it in gear.  Sounds simple because it is and I failed to do it when I bought mine and had no 4x4.

Terry.Atkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Ran across an 87 Eagle Wagon for sale tonight. It was getting dark so I will
need to go back and take a look at it in the daylight and see if it runs and
drives out. Body look good. No rust or major dents. Of course the silly wood
on the sides looked rough. Interior was good except a couple of small tears in
the bottom of the drivers seat. Don't know what size engine it has in it but I
would think a 6 since it is a Deluxe model. Two questions. Is there anyway you
can tell if the 4 wheel drive works and the second wasn't 87 really the last
year for AMC.
Thanks
Terry

Yahoo! Mail