[BaadAssGremlins] eagle shifter problem part 2

[BaadAssGremlins] eagle shifter problem part 2

Looking at the thread in the Eagle forum, there seemed to be some confusion
as to whether there was a rod or cable inside the shifter? So here is
Paige's 1988 Eagle, #100 of #2306 made in 1988 shoved out the door
unceremonously by Mopar as 'continuation cars'. This one had a cable in it.
But the problem is the metal peice under the car which holds the rod to the
I would guess trans. I took the photo at this angle to show the lever itself
broken. I guess what I need to know is whether the trans will have to come
out or is there some way to get to this and replace it, possibly weld it?
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx