[BaadAssGremlins] RE: What amount to mill the intake.....

[BaadAssGremlins] RE: What amount to mill the intake.....

Hi Joe, for what it is worth, a 'mill' to me is what us old timers call a big engine. I can't rebuild a engine either but can easily screw them up! :~P

What I would do however if I was you is not rely so heavily on the internet for something like this that is so crucial. Yes, there are a number of people out there who can comment on this, however you will find there is also a crapload of info that could cost you down the road, so lots of misinformation spread out there. Sort of like BJ Builds A Engine Book by Brian Johnson. Great book and one of the best things about it is right off the bat he lets people know it is how HE builds a 360, so everyone's results may indeed vary! That is great advise right off the bat and common sense. I don't think it is the case of anyone being top secret, it is just a specifi question aimed at a broad based amount of people, some of who know this shit, and most do not......like me.

It's like someone posted on the amx-files website in the 1990s how to change a Jeep headlight and there was over 1000 different answers!

My suggestion on this would be to go to my Planet Houston Vendors List and contact those noted engine builders with your specific questions and take notes. A few folks come to mind right off top of head like Herman Lewis, AJ at South Texas AMC, Fred Brewer, Pierre Bochamp at AM Racing, JT Payton at Payton Performance to name a few noted guys, and some of these guys hold world records and build engines in their sleep so would probably be better to call........NOT email them with specifics like this.

And don't get frustrated either. This is why I tell people to call.....NOT email if important. Many vendors won't reply to emails, that is if the email gets there at all to begin with. And from my own end here, the internet has not sped up shit, as 20-50 emails per day (not counting my rich nigerian friends or those lottos I seem to win or all those updates for paypal, ebay, Wachovia bank, Chase bank and what not) so sometimes you will see at the bottom of my signature......email reply time is 5-15 days........due to volume.

So please remember everyone who might reply may only get on the computer a few times a week. And their advise is free. And it takes time to reply. I know this don't help when engine is torn downa nd builders wants it outta there. However, again, this is why I suggest calling, not emailing, as you have those who specialize in that particular field's attention.

Good luck and hope some of this helps, no lashing of you with NOS Pacer door weatherstrip this time (have you sen a Pacer door weatherstrip, it is longer than a Gremlin car) but please be patient if asking some questions; as it will take time for those who have that knowledge.....to answer if they do at all.
And no more Starbucks triple mocha frappicinos!
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx