[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Posted a few pics...

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@... wrote:

> Bill one trick I did not mention that I learned when working in
aviation
> is to stop drill the cracks with the smallest drill you have. This
> relieves the stress from vibration and will keep the crack from
> spreading if it ever starts to crack again after the initial
repair. You
> have to have the patience of a saint to work on 30+ year old brittle
> plastic. That's why I am building a wooden Jig to screw the grill to
> when I work on it so it won't be damaged. It will probably take 3-4
> hours over a 2 day period to just design and cut and glue and screw
the
> wood together for the Jig. It is easier to spend the time to do this
> than to spend the time and money to find another grill. I am a
little
> behind as I just finished the last headlight door this morning and
now
> have to go run my usual tuesday errands. The wife is not to happy
with
> me as she saw the grill on a box in the corner of the living room
when
> she came home last night. :-)~ get over it!!!!!
> "Doc"

  I know what you mean by the wife...I dont have a wife, I got rid of
her crap over 6 years ago...but I do have a Father who dont
understand. He has his trains which takes up the whole basement, and
he dont understand how difficult it is to find parts for these old
cars and if you do how much they cost. He can spend 600 bucks for a
locomotive and wait 3 and a half years to get it and when he FINALLY
gets it..it dont work right. :( I felt sorry for him, he is my father
and I am very-very thank full that I still have him. I just wish he
was a little more understanding with me and my projects. We do get
along though. The fedex man just showed up and I got my new grille
and I got a swaybar for my Gremlin, that came also. Thats a good idea
about the jig. Gonna have to try to build myself one. I aint no
capenter thats for shure. I would be lucky to make a "square" box!
LOL! I found out also that the rag or cloth that I have to use to
clean those buckets (or anything for that matter!) with have to not
have any lose strings. I believe that is what caught and cracked it
even more. Gotta run and check out that new grille and sway bar!!
Catcha later! Bill Lewiston Id.