[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Hey Bill (Train Set Pic's)

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@... wrote:

> I still have my original Lionel train set from 1950 when I was 4
years
> old in mint and running condition.
> "Doc"
>

> Do I gt to see them. I grew up with a whole basement full of
Lionell Paul

> AMC74HORNET@... wrote:  Bill I got the pic's of your fathers train
set. There is only one word
> to describe the layout FANTASTIC!!
> "Doc"
>
> Doc, Do you still have the original boxes they came in? If ya do
its worth a small mint. But, its only worth it for the person who
likes it or wants it or is a collector. Its kind of strange how a box
can make the price of somthing that is old or nastalgic worth more.
> "Ya gotta keep the boxes" as my father says. Its like the sound
system I have in my Saturn, I have kept every box, it does make the
resale value worth more. I just wish the car came in a box. Kind of
off the subject here. My Mother drove this particular car off the
show room floor in Spokane Wa. in the spring of 1992. I bought the
car from her late winter of 2001 and it had around 220,000 miles on
it. I drove it back and forth to work (375 mile one way trip) for
about 3 and a half years. The car now has over 290,000 original miles
and I have never had to have a valve job or any major motor work.
Stuff like alt. brakes, struts stuff that wears out I have had to
replace. But the motor itself has never been touched. About 2 years
ago my Mother got a phone call from Saturn and asked her if she still
had the car, she told them that she had sold it to me. They called
me, I think I was in the middle of Wyoming or Nebraska somewheres.
They asked me if I wanted to sell the car. I said sorry the car is
not for sale. They wanted it for some "promotional" thing. Saturns
are cheap, they dont have a resale value. I wanted to get a loan one
time and use the car for collateral, hell they where only going to
give 1800 bucks for it!! I laughed! Laughed my ass off! I told the
loan manager that the stereo is worth more than the car! LOL! Hell,
good set of wheels and tires will run just about that price.
Bill Lewiston Id.
>         Automotive maintenance   Automotive radiators

Service.