RE: [BaadAssGremlins] re: more on fee-bay scams

Thanks for the tips Eddie. I to have been "subject" to evilbays (thanks Bart) ways. I have purchased "shit" from others there and gotten just that "shit". SO, I send it back and now I cant seem to get all of my money back. I even paid the shipping back to them A-HOLES!  They want a "comprimise" and give me a ten dollars back on twenty?? B.S. I WANT ALL MY MONEY BACK BASTARDS!! SCREW YOUR CHARGES! TAKE IT FROM THE MORON WHO SENT ME SHIT! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! I am kind of upset over it so I am very carefull at what I purchase and I hide my email from whoever I ask a question to. If I feel that they are "ligit" and are straight forward, after I recieve my "item". Thats when I will leave feed back, and I will do straight buisness with them. BUT NOT UNTILL I GET WHAT THEY SAID THE ITEM IS SAPPOSED TO DO. WHAT IT WAS INTENDED TO DO. AND WHAT THE ITEM IS SAID THEY SAID IT WAS. I also ask them to email me when the said item has been shipped. That way there is some proof that it has been mailed. That just makes me feel better that it is on its way. And some of the shipping charges are REDICULOUS!! That is another way that I make my purchases off of EVILBAY! If they want 20 bucks to send a 10 buck item??!! NOT!! Just another few tips to the ones who dont know. Learned from experience!! LOL!! But, I would like to bid a trillion bucks for a car, just to f*ck with them A-HOLES!! Thanks again Eddie. Bill Lewiston Id.

From: "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <baadassgremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"AMC List" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] re: more on fee-bay scams
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 00:32:58 -0600

Todd asked how I know these are scam auctions. One is that people are
calling and emailing me when they see something too good to be true. That
black AMX was sold a few months ago on ebay. The blue AMX earlier tonight
was sold only three days ago and jixxa-mixer was the high bidder and won the
car at $13K. The dumbass scammers I guess figured no one, much less AMCers
would notice.

Ironically those scam auctions were all shut down earlier tonight....and as
the scammer used someone else's ID, hijacked it (more on this later) and
quickly shoved those samed damned auctions back up. So since I asked, and
got, a increase in my bidding limit from ebay :~P I decided to smack these
auctions also, but not for $99 million, but under a million each. Only in
strip clubs do I normally throw that type of money around you know.

Here is the black AMX I earlier paid $99 million for, this time was bargain.
Your maximum bid:     US $999,999.00
Details for item number:  4617392708
  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4617392708

Datsun : Z-Series
Your current bid:     US $3,550.00
Your maximum bid:     US $999,999.00
Details for item number:  4617392709
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4617392709
I know it is a old Datsun, but always have liked them.

  DeSoto
Your current bid:     US $2,550.89
Your maximum bid:     US $999,999.00
Details for item number:  4617392704
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4617392704
Firedome, firedome, I could walk around saying that all day, it describes
how I attempt to operate a torch. And Texas is under a fire ban.

Austin Healey
Your current bid:     US $5,200.00
Your maximum bid:     US $999,999.00
Details for item number:  4617392705
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4617392705
It is a Healey, and in a strange way, related to AMC viv Nash I guess.

$1,025.00
Your maximum bid:     US $999,999.00
Details for item number:  4617392707
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4617392707
Always have had a real soft spot for these old 1930s Cords, never thought I
would actually own one either. I might have paid too much.

DeLorean
Your current bid:     US $104.50
Your maximum bid:     US $999,999.00
Details for item number:  4617392712
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4617392712
Always have liked these too, and used to hang with a fellow in Corpus
Christi who had one and it was painted Red. Only one I have ever seen
painted, not sure how they got the paint to stick, but sure could get the
girls with this baby. And those girls had all their teeth.

Back to how you can spot these. Usually they have a ridiculous 'buy it now'
price, but usually not in the auction, but in description. Look at the Cord,
$9000 BIN price. give me a break, $9000 is in the paint alone that is
probably a $100K car. Check out the AMX since ya'll are AMCers. (providing
these auctions have not been shut down yet) but that AMX has quite a mill,
but a BIN price of $5400 which would cover the paint job, or a good engine
build and if you look at that engine the 'real' sellers had some bucks in
it.

The big kicker is the sellers wanting potential bidders to email them first.
Once you email them they have your email address and drop the bomb like "ok,
I'll take your high offer on it, you can paypal me (or VISA, Amex, Discover,
MC ect) the funds, I will hold the car but send title" or other line of
crap. You also see this in rare parts auctions.

And it is not anything new, I can recall a Hemmings Motor News warning about
a seller in their pages who was contacting people looking for rare Mopar
parts in the 1990s. Very knowledgeable, knew descriptions, part numbers.
They also ripped people off for over $100K out of Reno, NV. And I don't
think they were ever caught either.

No, I ain't ebay police! Yes, I enjoy running up scammers auctions in
between changing daipers, cooking and watching those fools on Celebrity
Dancing or whatever Paige was watching in there.

So since I started this email, this is one of six TKO's that just came in:
The following is a notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:

Item Number - 4617392712

Item Title - DeLorean

Our records show that you placed a bid on this item. We removed this item
from the Site and cancelled your bid because it appears that the seller's
account has been compromised and used by an unauthorized third party. The
seller's privileges to trade on eBay may be temporarily suspended while we
investigate this matter further. Due to privacy concerns we will not be able
to share further details related to this seller.

If the seller asks you to complete this transaction outside of eBay, we
strongly recommend that you do not proceed with the transaction and do not
respond to the seller. Transactions for items listed on eBay but then
completed off of the eBay platform are not covered by buyer protection
programs offered by eBay and can be highly indicative of fraud. For more
information on Offers to Buy or Sell Outside of eBay, copy and past the
following Help Page link into your browser:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.html.

If you have already paid for this item but have not received it, you should
take all possible steps to receive reimbursement.

1. Stop payment with your bank if you paid by check.
2. Contact the Security Department of your credit card company to file a
chargeback if you paid via credit card.
3. If you paid via Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly
(Western Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400).
4. If you paid with PayPal, you may be eligible for up to $1,000 USD
coverage at no cost. To file a claim with PayPal, login to your PayPal
account and copy and paste the following link into your web browser:
/csg/p?www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/protections-buyer-outside.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the File a Claim link.
PayPal claims must be filed within 45 days of the close of the listing. It
may take at least 30 days to complete the investigation and resolve the
dispute.
5. If you did not pay with PayPal and would like to file a claim with eBay,
please initiate the Item Not Received Process online directly from the
Security and Resolution Center at the bottom of the eBay.com page.
6. eBay claims must be filed within 60 days of the end of the listing.

Our goal is to ensure that your eBay experience is safe so that you can buy
confidently. It is rare that something goes wrong with a transaction on
eBay.  However, in the event it does, we would like to provide as much
assistance as possible to help resolve the issue.

Regardless, it don't matter. On the six auctions the scammer listed, there
was 41 'bidders' and chances are all of them, except me, got a 'direct
email' from the scammers seeing if they would send them the money for the
ficticious vehicle in the auction. Remember, all it takes is ONE person to
send the money not knowing and they lose their asses for thousands of
dollars.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825