Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Parts car

Paul that sounds like a real good parts car but 500$ as a reserve seems
a bit much. But like anything else it is supply and demand. It may be
worth it to you to get those hard to find parts you need for your own
car and sell the rest. I have parted out a few cars over the years and
always made my money back and then some. The only draw back is the extra
parts may not sell immediately so you better have a place to store them.
I just gave away the glass out out of the 4 door Concord I parted out in
2000. But on that car it was a friends car and I got to keep all the
parts he didn't want so I got a disc brake setup and other parts I
needed for free and made money selling what was left. The rear and disc
brake set up is in my yellow Hornet and the radiator and other small
assorted parts are in my orange car. I bought an 82 Spirit for 50$ in
1999 and sold the extra parts for 800$ but large items like the doors,
fenders and hatch and hood didn't sell for 3-4 years, I sold them as a
package for 200$ just to get rid of them. A guy in N.J. just needed a
door and I said it was all or nothing. I needed the room. So he took it
all. Like Eddie says sheet metal will be hard to find soon if not now. I
would have kept the Spirit sheet metal parts but they did not fit my one
Hornet at the time. When Davis parted out the 74 Hornet coup I bought
all the good sheet metal parts he had because I have 2 74 Hornets now.
So here are the pro's and con's about parting out a car and remember no
part is to small to save. The headlight switch out of that long gone
Spirit may go in my orange car soon.
"Doc"