[BaadAssGremlins] Prepping Plastic Parts For Painting (Bill)

[BaadAssGremlins] Prepping Plastic Parts For Painting (Bill)

Bill sanding plastic parts that you painted previously that were not
prepared properly is not a good idea. For one the paint left on after
sanding may interact with the new paint and cause everything to lift and
secondly you may still not get all the contaminated areas clean. I would
recommend a plastic bumper paint stripper to remove all the old paint.
Experiment on a small out of sight piece to see if it will work rather
than the whole part and taking the chance on reining the whole part. I
am using some plastic bumper stripper on some rubber 77 AMX flairs that
were painted. I tested the stripper on an extra one I have to make sure
it stripped the paint and did not harm the part. Next use the proper
paint. SEM makes a plastic / vinal paint in all sorts of colors and
depending on what you are painting there is a different cleaner used
before you paint it and in the case of a plastic part there is also a
semi-gloss clear you can use over the color to make it more durable like
on package trays and consoles. I have used it on all the plastic parts
on the interior in my orange car from the tan headliner to the tan
package tray and even to freshen up the factory black replacement parts
I used. Now he whole interior is a nice black instead of that puke tan.
On the dehydrator most of you interior parts will be to big to fit into
one. The SEM dries to the touch in 1/2 hour and completely hard in 24
hours.
"Doc"