Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 74 Hornet Headlight Switch & Fuel Gauge

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 74 Hornet Headlight Switch & Fuel Gauge

Your car is too nice for what I'm going to do for my fuel gauge problem. I'm going to put in an above the mirror pod with a fuel / oil / water temp . I'm getting it from Autozone.

AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I think I have my courtesy light problem figured out. I think it is in
the headlight switch. I had the whole interior apart and checked all the
wiring and door jam switches and found nothing wrong. I installed the
new interior and left the fuel gauge and courtesy light problem for this
coming spring. I just noticed the other day for the first time I have
driven this car at night since I bought it 2 1/2 years ago that when I
tried to adjust the strength of the inst. lights they wont dim or
brighten so I believe the switch is bad. My question is before I  pull
the dash apart to install another switch is will a switch from an 82
Spirit work? The Spirit had the high beam switch on the steering column
if that makes any difference. Also on the gas gauge problem will a gauge
out of  Gremlin work? What year did they change the ohm rating on the
fuel gauges? It is embarrassing to have such a nice looking car that I
have to check the fuel with a 36 inch 3/8 wooden dowel. :-( These 2
items are the last 2 things I need to finish my interior job. I am
psyched as today the windows get tinted a light smoke color. It should
even make the orange body color stand out more. I gave up on the subtle
look.
"Doc"

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS