[BaadAssGremlins] Re: The Jig Is Up

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@... wrote:

> Bill this is an ordinary fruit dehydrator. It was an old one given to
me
> by a friend a few years ago when he got a new one. I innately used it
> dry the paint on the model cars I built. I cut all the racks out of it
> except the one at the very bottom for maximum room inside and modified
> the lid so I can adjust the temp from 100 degrees to 140 depending on
> what I am baking. I built an oven thermometer into the lid to check
the
> temps. The part or whatever you are working on is prepped and painted
> and then it goes into the dehydrator to speed up the drying process.
> This works especially good with enamel paint which takes much longer
> cure  completely through than lacquer.
> "Doc"

  Doc...Thats a really cool and good idea... I am going to have to re-
do the interior parts of my Gremlin. Everything will have to be sanded
down to get all the old rattle can paint off. There are places that
when I painted..wasnt the cleanest and now there are these funny
little "grease holes" in the paint. Of course back then I wasnt really
into the car like I am now. So needless to say I have my work cut out
for me. And ya wanna know somthing? I cant wait to get to work on it!!
I got a new grille coming and I did find some headlight doors that will
need some work also. Going to hit some "yard sales" and see if I can
find an old dehydrator. I have a tendency to get ahead of myself when
it comes to painting things and a quick way to dry things for me will
sayve me. Not only time, but the good ol' finger prints and of course
FRUSTRATIONS!! Thanks Doc... Bill Lewiston Id.