[BaadAssGremlins] THE CRUSHER!!!!

I know that is a very BAD WORD!! I used to work for a guy here
locally in my home town...He is in the scap buisness and I used to
have to go to these wrecking yards that where having to "make room" I
used to just HATE MYSELF at times. Having to haul crushed cars!! One
of the last yards I had to go to was in Kamiah Idaho (Jacksons Auto
Wrecking) and me not only being an AMC "nut" and a Saturn "freak" I
also love the little Chevy L.U.V. pickup trucks. I seen atleast 6
little L.U.V. trucks going to the crusher!! I was able to scrounge
what I could off of them...I did get a good windshield and a cool
little side mirror and the rubber weather stripping off of the rear
window of off two of the trucks...(that is a discontinued part like
most of the parts for the Chevy L.U.V.) But its SAD JUST DOWN RIGHT
SAD!!!!  :(  I asked if they had ANY AMC's and of course they didnt.
NONE! NOT ONE!! This is what the owner told me....
"I hate to crush these cars, I know that some day that someone,
somewhere, will want a part." "But, I have no choice, I have to make
room for newer cars that people have right now."
I have seen whole cars thrown into the bailer, motor and all and come
out in a cube about 4'x 4'!! The power of hydraulics is just amazing!
The saddest one that I had to watch was a 65 Buick Wildcat. It was
complete and in fairly good shape, could of been restored with little
effort...Before it had to go I was able to scrounge the "wildcat"
emblem off of the rear deck and I now carry it with me in my truck.
It was a sad job and kind of a messed up one...40 bucks a ton for
crushed cars!! Is it really worth the price?? Especially if you can
get 200 bucks for a good fender.. I have heard of such horror stories
before, my old boss told me one and I just looked at him as if he was
totally off his stoopid rocker!! This old man had died and his
wrecking yard was on the probate thing. My boss had put in a bid for
the clean up of his yard. He got the job and with NO REGARD TO
ANYTHING OR ANYONE he took an excavator and ripped off the top of the
old mans shop and drug and clawed everything that was in the poor old
mans shop. Now this old man had been collecting cars from the
30's,40's and 50's for years!!! He took the time to strip off every
piece of chrome and trim and catalogged them. Barrels and barrels of
good old chrome and trim and stainless steel. My old boss has no
respect for old parts like that, not only does it make me really
sad.....its just not right!!! It makes me VERY-VERY ANGRY!!!
NEEDLESS TO SAY.....I GOT FIRED!!! LOL!!! I didnt like that job
anyway.....IT SUCKED!!