[BaadAssGremlins] HATT ( Has Anyone Tried This ) - FSJ side marker light

[BaadAssGremlins] HATT ( Has Anyone Tried This ) - FSJ side marker light / Gremlin conversion

  I was visiting a junkyard this week, and ran across
a decent Grand Wagoneer, it had all 4 marker lights
intact, I was thinking Hmm, the lights look exactly
the same style as my Gremlins. I bought all 4, and
since I had a Gremlin available to me locally,I held
them up when I got back, and Voila! The light lens
matched the Gremlin screw hole spacing and housing.
The curved Jeep chrome plastic housing won't fit, due
to the Gremlin panels are flat, but with some
judicious machining, I think it can be custom fit.
  So, my question is, has anyone else done this
conversion? I think the extra chrome and extra length
might look good on the Gremlin. Worth a try, anyway.
:) I will see how much a shop will charge to mill off
the excess plastic evenly. Doubt I could do it myself
without making a crude mess of it. :)
  I also visited a Richmond, VA used book shop, was
able to purchase some old Look and Life mags, with AMC
ads in them. Found several I'd never seen before, a
'67 Rebel 550 ad, a '72 Javelin ad comparing to
Mustand and Camaro. And a 2-page centerfold in '72 of
the AMC ad " if you were AMC, what would you do?" Has
some nice Gremlin and Hornet shots, 8 different AMC
models. Mags were cheap, only $1 each. Worth the trip.
:)

Jerry