[BaadAssGremlins] Snow & Inside Projects For A Few Days

[BaadAssGremlins] Snow & Inside Projects For A Few Days

It looks like the here today gone tomorrow snow's of this winter so far
is over with. We have a forecast of around 8-12 inches in lower N.Y.
between saturday night and sunday morning. Time to take the orange
Hornet out one last time today before the snow comes and then garage it
for the next 4-5 days. Luckily I have some projects to work on in the
house. The last door sill needs about 2-3 hours of hand polishing with
Mothers Aluminum & Mag wheel polish and then be lettered. I have the
front bumper rubber filler to disassemble and compound and polish out. I
did the rear one last week but did not get it on the car yet as my back
went out tuesday and usually gives me hell for at least a week. I still
have the hatch guide pin to plate. It also will be a good time to go
through the 77 AMX flairs and pick out the best ones and get ready to
start stripping them to be painted the orange the car is. A real pain
project will be how to mask up the grill and headlight doors to paint
the silver and black. I could go the easy way and just paint them flat
black like the 77 AMX but I like the silver and black the way it came in
74. I just can't seem to take the easy way out on anything with this
car. My friend who helped me get this car an also puts on the Ardsley
show looked at the car and said it is a shoe in for a trophy at the show
later this year. I was not to happy with the orange color when I first
bought the car but it has kind of grown on me in 2 1/2 years and it will
stay orange. It is quite a stunning looking car now.
"Doc"