[BaadAssGremlins] re: troughs & sheetmetal (salvage list)

[BaadAssGremlins] re: troughs & sheetmetal (salvage list)

Not sure who was looking for the troughs, but this is a 'form letter' I send
out to those who ask me about stuff I don't specialize in or stock, just as
a courtesy. There are several big salvage operations listed which do have a
lot of rust free sheetmetal.

Sheetmetal and glass are at a premium and I advise people all the time if
they are going to be fooling with these old cars to please pick up good
sheetmetal while they can as it has drived up with a vengence in the last
5-8 years. So hopefully some of you can use these numbers.
--------------------------------
Hi, thanks for writing, please see below. (Form letter 2006)

While I don't specialize in your particular year or model, (I mostly fool
with 68-74 AMX/Javelin the past 20+ years, although I own a dozen non
AMX/Javs like Rebel, Matador, Hornet SC/360, Eagles!) I have compiled a list
of numbers here that might help you. These are numbers of people and places
you will NOT find on my extensive Planet Houston Vendors List.
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/bodyVendorslist.htm

If you have a car or parts for sale, consider posting it FREE, with a photo
at:
www.epage.com and
www.motorheadtrader.com

And a NEW FEATURE of my website is AMC CLASSIFIEDS; Just click on my
website to view:
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/bodyMessageBoard.htm
and post all your buy, sell, trade, swap and wanted AMC & Rambler ads! Free!

As for your parts, feel free to reference my huge, and growing, Planet
Houston Vendors List on my website, which has been a staple since the early
90s and
is the AMC  & Rambler Vendors list on the internet!! SUGGESTION would
be to make yourself up a shopping list of items you need, in order of
priority before calling. *Note a email is NOT a guarantee of a reply!
So call if it is important.

Also call these folks not on my Planet Houston Vendors List:
Mike 505-443-3400 (NM salvage yard)
Dave's 704-873-8621 or 704-872-0833 (NC salvage yard)
Warren 401-568-8271 (RI indivdual with lots of 56-57 Ramb/AMC parts)
Bruce 323-342-1950 (individual with lots os 56-up Ramb/AMC parts)
Also, CTC Autoranch in Sanger TX
http://www.ctcautoranch.com/home/index.shtml
has about 50 AMCs & Ramblers, prices are usually a little higher than
average but if they have it, then buy it as this stuff has gotten impossible
to find 20, 30, 40 years later and many junkyards are crushing their old car
due to
the price of steel being paid by Chinese, $175-$200 a ton;
and changing and restrictive enviromental legislation putting many
junkyards and salvage operations out of business! Another place you can
contact is:
John's Auto Salvage in Seguin, TX PH#830-379-2092 or look them up on
www.google.com

Lastly, contact Peirson's Auto Wrecking:
http://www.pvilleparts.com/Web%20Pages/Misc%20cars/amc.htm

And any of these folks above you contact please tell them Eddie Stakes
referred you!

Hope some of this helps, again, one of your BEST REFERENCES
will be to click on (and bookmark) my "Vendors List" on my website.

Lastly, I would *highly suggest* you join the new amc-list online:
http://www.amxfiles.com/archive/
as you have hundreds of AMC fans there who can answer your questions or
point you int he right direction, it is the largest gathering of AMC fans
online, and well, just a nice place to hang out.

***Please note my website is undergoing MAJOR CHANGES, I hope everyone likes
it, photos, more production, tech, and free stuff, as a majority of
everything on my site is FREE to the AMC hobby. Be sure to sign the Guest
Book so I'll know you stopped by.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
www.planethoustonamx.com
Yes, it is cheesy and chances are some of you probably want to sing 'we are
the world' right now or 'kumbayah' but what the hell, I just tossed that
together a year ago as a means to try to help others. So far it has worked
except the singing crap.