[BaadAssGremlins] New Johnny Lightning Gremlin & AMX

[BaadAssGremlins] New Johnny Lightning Gremlin & AMX

For those of you Gremlin fans, Playing Mantis aka Johnny Lightning has
released a new Gremlin. Patterned off the 70-73 AMC Gremlin, the first
series under the banner "Classic Gold" was released recently. However, at
the moment, mostly hobby stores and diecast warehouses have them. A few have
popped up on ebay, with prices in the $5-$15 range. The first one is a
series of four in the 'Classic Gold' series. In a conversation today with
Rob Ragan, he indicated more Gremlins would be done in the near future, as
they like to have several 'run's from one mold. This first series features a
silver Gremlin with red strips and red interior.

For those with sharp eyes and/or bigger pocketbooks, keep watch for the rare
'White Lightning' Gremlins. With all Johhny Lightning diecasts (these being
1:64th scale) less than 2% of the 'run' will be White Lightnings. White
Lightnings vary from model to model, some have white rims, some have white
tires, some have white under carriages, and others have white interiors. I
do not know what the variation will be on the Gremlin.

Enclosed here are several photos he sent me. One of them shows the new 72
Gremlin as a prototype. The stripe lines are almost hand drawn, and the
interior of this particular one is blue, with red "X" stripe and ill fitting
hood. Again, that is a prototype, the finished product will be great. Note
that the prototype and photo on the card the Gremlin has Rally rims, while
the 'finished product' as seen on the JL Gremlin on ebay and the JL factory
photos.....goes with Cragars.

As with all JL products, get them while they are out there as they do not
show up in all areas of the country. I didn't ask whether this "Classic
Gold" Gremlin X was one of 4899; 9999; or 20,000, but you have to remember,
as in the past, some of these will flood areas while others areas of the
country will never see them on the shelves and be left to pick them up at
diecast stores, online, or ebay.

In April 2006 a new AMX will be comign out, this one under the new "60's
Sizzle" series. Cast in 1:64th scale, the first one will be a 1969 in Big
Bad Blue, and will come with a small 'Matchbox' type case you can put the
car in after taking it out of the blister pack.

For those of you who might have a nice AMC, Johnny Lightning is always
looking for cars for their "Your Car Is The Star Program" of which your car
could end up on the "coin" or "card" in that series. Imagine having your AMC
'immortialized' in diecast, I did several times.

Here is the link off my website:
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/just%20stuff/amc_diecasts.htm

or you can go to Playing Mantis website:
http://www.playingmantis.com/ and search for the 'your car is the star'
program which gives lots of helpful tips on taking photos they might use.

One more thing before I go, if you didn't get to your nearest Wal Mart,
maybe you should soon, they have a neat Gremlin t-shirt for $9.00 called
"Roll Like A Rock Star" in light blue, and black Gremlin. Neat to see they
even have AMC on it. These shirts first started appearing in November, and
are "supposed" to be off the shelves (and maybe the discount rack?) by
February 2006. And when they are gone they are gone, so pick up a neat
collectors edition shirt while still available, the Wal Mart near me had all
sizes from S, M, L, XL, and XXL and about 10 of them left in mid January
2006.
Happy collecting,
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX