Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Terry's Gremln: (was: Is anyone going to the A

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Terry's Gremln: (was: Is anyone going to the Amo ev...

thanks for the advice i think ill take it to the show if i can, i atleast want to paint the engine bay before spring but no job for paint lol
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 7:58 PM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Terry's Gremln: (was: Is anyone going to the Amo ev...

Charles I would take it just like it is. You will probably be the only Gremlin
there and you will be surprised how many people will comment on it just
because it it a Gremlin. At the cruises around here you get the $75,000 Street
Rods parked next to the car you wonder how it ever made it there. I have been
going for 9 years and mine is a lot less than perfect. I have been saying I am
going to fix it up but never have done it. This AMO event might just be the
inspiration I need to spend a little money on it. I know there will be a lot
of good looking cars there. While I am planning on taking it no matter what
this might be it. I might take Eddie's advice and spray off the engine. I
could take the air pump off, dig out that chrome valve cover I bought for it
five or six years ago and put it on. I could paint the air cleaner and find my
232 stickers. That should help it out a lot. If I go for a cheaper material
for the seat as long as it half way mathches the color that shouldn't cost me
too much. It is a bench seat and the passenger side is perfect is just the
driver side is shot from my fat posterior. The body is is decent shape the
only really thing wrong with it is the rust spots on the doors where some
amateur (me) tried to fix it. The hardest part to paint it is going to be
getting the 50 coats of wax off of it where I tried to make that 28 year old
paint shine. I have been hesitant about having it painted because I didn't
want to spend thousands of dollars on a paint job for it. I might take Eddie's
advice and go for a cheaper paint job. That wagon looked pretty good. I
checked out a local guy who advertises cheap prices with the BBB and they
don't have any complaints filed against them. If the paint job looks 1/2 way
decent I might spring a $159 for the stripes that Phonex graphics makes for
it. I haven't got any estimates but I bet for around $1500 I could have a nice
looking Gremlin. Not that I think it would win any prizes but it would dress
it up some. To me a Gremlin is unique because it is a Gremlin of course mine
being my mothers gives it quite a bit of sentimental value to me. I know this
might upset some on this list but if I really wanted a hot AMC I think I would
go for a Javelin or an AMX.  Now if I was like Doc and retired I would love to
have a nice Hornet or a Concord for my daily driver. What ever I would do I
will have my Gremlin until I die.
Terry

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS