Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Is anyone going to the Amo event in ohio this

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Is anyone going to the Amo event in ohio this year?

Ya'll take note of what Terry mentions below. " The one I went to in St
Louis had
about 8 or 9 Gremlins but no 77's or 78's that is why I was so upset I
didn't
take mine." Terry, if you would have taken your's chances are if judged you
probably would have taken at least a Bronze Award. And to boot, been the
only one of it's kind there. I took photos of every vehicle on the field,
and there was a number of vehicles I didn't see. Don't recall seeing a
Concord wagon, or 66 Rebel, no 80 AMX, no 67 Ambassador convertible although
two 68 Rebel convertibles, of which one is shown here. And like the NAMDRA
AMC Nationals, you will see classes with no entries. It all depends on what
shows up and where. There have been meets (regionals) I have sponsored or
attended where all the cars are 68-70 AMXs, but few 71-74 Javelins or AMXs,
on the other hand, some, I have seen what I like to call 'the bread and
butter attack' you see dozens of Ramblers,
Hornets/Gremlins/Concords/Spirits/Eagles, and also station wagons and four
doors. These are the 'bread and butter' cars that kept AMC in business day
in and out, so ti is refreshing to see them on and at meets! Don't be shy,
you with friends, don't let that BBG Calif 500 AMX car intimidate you just
because a $10K paint job. The field is there for cars, all of them, from six
shades of bondo to cars that have made special arraingements to come from
museum to display. Besides that is what my Planet Houston AMX award is for
thru the years, it is for cars that "show the most potential and
promise"..............some owners go the course, some leave as is, no big
deal it is all good. A number of other clubs are now also giving these types
of awards as many times it is a incentive for the owner to keep going and
stay the course on whatever it is they started! I would like to know what
happened to the 70 Rebel Machine STATION WAGON in Atlanta I gave this award
to, would like to see it now!

But go to these meets, as you will learn. Take photos, it might help in your
restoration down the road, you can find parts, meet people and best of all,
have a lot of fun in 2006 with people who share the same interest as you
do....in AMC.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825