[BaadAssGremlins] Fwd: gas caps

Note: forwarded message attached.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

--- Begin Message ---
Been lookin at early Mustang gas caps on ebay. looks like the early Mustang and Gremlin are very similar, almost exact in some cases. I noticed that the Gremlin logo can be removed by flipping a little tab on the back, the same as a Mustang cap. Mustang had a real cool cable that used to be fastened to the back, and to the fuel filler making the cap very difficult to remove (steal). It also looks like the cable attachment was an extra piece that fits beneath the rubber seal on the cap. I'm thinking you could take one of these old mustang cable assemblies and use it on a Gremmie cap. Seems like when the logo comes off there are fasteners that release the inner parts. you could then install one of the ford cable connectors and reassemble the cap, giving you a theft proof cap. Or maybe I've been drinkin too much coffee, what do you think.  Paul

--- End Message ---