[BaadAssGremlins] Re: ah contradiction,,,,,,,

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: ah contradiction,,,,,,,

Same with my Rebel convertible. 1 Charger; 2. Coronet; 3 Road Runner; 4.
Super Bee. Always surprised to find out AMC; a;though I may add a few have
said "I never knew AMC made a convertible Rebel Machine" which is nice
considering they got the marque right. Ya'll have to realize as time goes
on, less and less people will remember these cars. It don't matter how fast
you are, or how much money you spent in restoration, or how often you drive
it or how many trophies you have won. You will have to educate almost all of
them. Also remember too that many are old car buffs, and simply want to
strike up a conversation seeing your old car, nothing more. I have a
monologue I go thru the paces with each of my AMCs when someone askes about
it. And yes, get the 'never seen one before' or 'how fast is it' or 'can you
burn rubber' and 'didn't I see one of these on Fast and Furious (or Mad
Max)' and so on.

If someone asks for instance about my Rebel, I tell them. "1968 was the last
year American Motors made a production convertible, and there was only 823
made, all Rebels, and this one is documented as the heaviest optioned one
off the assembly line with a staggering 38 options; base price $2995, as
optioned, $4500 which is why it sat at the dealership Vance & Sons in
Bellaire (Houston, Texas) thru mid 1970, as $4500 was a ton of money in
1968. The Parts Manager Richard Brumbargt bought it at his price, and I
bought it from him in the mid 1980s. It is a retured showcar with multiple
wins in ISCA and AMC meets, and has been driven semi daily now for 127,000
miles. Yes, it will smoke those huge 27560R15s off the rear, btu they are
expensive and will only see me do that at the track, ro if I want to dust
off some asshole at a stop light. If you are ever looking to possibly buy a
AMC, here is my card, stop by my website it has hundreds of free leads on
cars for sale, if I can be of help let me know, benn doing this since 1983
and 307 AMCs later, still fund."

Most times they are pleased to see someone wanting to not only educate them
(and dispel myths that they might have learned in the 60s) but also help
them find a car to fool with, whether they are AMC fans or not, at leasdt
they might stop by my site and if they learn something, all of us are the
better for it. Sure, we will still get the usual bullshit 'Ford made the
390' and 'AMC didn't make own engines' and stuff like that, listen, I have
been around these all my life and I heard same stuff in the 1960s, so no big
deal! Best way to change the cat's colors is get them interested. They might
not want to pay $3.3 million for a 71 Hemi Cuda convertible (sold last year)
but would be interested in a 76 Gremlin to drop in (insert any engine here)
and simply have fun. And the more the merrier, that is one less car in the
Chinese Three Gorges Dam project!
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825