[BaadAssGremlins] Nothing AMC Is Ever Easy--Even When They Were Still in

[BaadAssGremlins] Nothing AMC Is Ever Easy--Even When They Were Still in Business!!!!

I figured I'd buy another quart of the Sherman Williams orange paint
that matched my orange Hornet like factory after it was polished out
today. I want to fix a small dent in the hatch and  paint the hatch and
rear window louver this winter. All of a sudden the acrylic enamel is
supposedly slowly being phased out for the modern 2 stage paint. Of
course there is no formula for the AMC orange available in a 2 stage
paint. !@#$%^& So I bit the bullet and since they had enough of the
tints to mix a gallon I said do it as I have 77 AMX fender flairs to
paint and also a door to fix and 2 NOS front fenders to paint. Then they
tried to tell me I needed a 45$ quart of hardener to use in the paint. I
didn't use it in the last quart I bought? and the parts  dried perfectly
and polished out to match the 33 year old factory paint. Hardener was
also an option in all acrylic enamels I have used in the last 35 years
not a mandatory thing. I also asked about a flex  agent to add to the
paint for the rubbery fender flairs and they said it was no longer
available. I have to see if I can get the universal Impact 200 additive
I have used all these years. The soda blasting guy just called and said
my rear window louver should be done by the end of the week. He said he
is being very careful with it. The car goes to the upholstery shop
tomorrow. I put 49 miles on it since I got it out of my friends shop
last week. I hope I can get it back in 2 weeks. Driving it for such a
short period of time is just a teaser.
"Doc"