[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Oh, the HORROR! My Javelin has been parted out!!!!

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Oh, the HORROR! My Javelin has been parted out!!!!

Well yes and no here. Sheetmetal has been at a premium for over 7 years.
There are people who buy whole rustfree cars just to part them out,
cannibalism is part of the old car hobby, whether we like it or not or agree
with it or not, it has been going on since the automobile was invented. And
still does. Not taking away from John's car, but how abuot the fellow
several years ago who bought three rustfree 68-69 AMX bodies in the NW? He
decided to part them out, he paid $1500 for the lot of three cars, and you
sell a hood for $900, a fender for $350, and a windshield for $200 and
everything else after that is profit. Last I heard from him he was well over
$6000. Sure, the cars could have been sold 'as is' but whole cars are
sometimes tough to sell, I believe Davis(?) has a rustfree AMX body for sale
for months now, and I could make a case for my 74 Hornet for $575 for sale 3
years now. The sum of the parts are worth more than the car intact. I don't
want to speculate, although already have, on what might have made someone
part out a rustfree, or solid car, or cars. Could be financial, could be
greed, could be limited space, or time, or a combo of things. Still hate to
see it,as there is a x amount of cars left. Like those three SC/Ramblers
just butchered in WI and hauled away to scrap last month. someone would have
loved a shot at one of the bodies, no matter how shitty, hell, get a old
Rambler parts car and start chopping and fixe the little Hurst car back up.
Again, not everyone sees it like that. There are several files on my website
about this, which one was written in 1992 about the parts crisis and cars
getting parted out problem. It's 2006 now 14 years later. But nothing has
changed except the amount of survivor cars I guess. The files on my site,
whether one agrees with them or not, ro reads them or not are the 'altered
amcs' and 'rambler mentality' files, I would guess to see some cars end up,
the 'amc cars in barns/rotting ramblers' file too. And maybe a worst case
scenario would be the 'amc estate file' what a massive waste of good AMC
iron.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825