[BaadAssGremlins] Re: shipping charges (was phsyteit/samggta+o)

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: shipping charges (was phsyteit/samggta+o)

Title: Message
On the shipping note, Priority is advertised as 2-3 days, and usually is, but have had them take 5 days. Parcel Post is at the bottom with book rates, and media mail, and takes 5-whenever to get to you and when and if it does, is usually beat to crap. I just got this in the mail last week, and one can see for themselves how 'parcel post' is handled, or lack thereof. This is 100 flyers from First Coast AMC only a few states away, for their Regional next year, Cliff wanted me to put them in my orders headed towards the SE coast. The package, a rather nice mailer, is ripped on both ends,a nd I have not counted to see if all the mailers are in there. It was shoved unceremounously onto my front porch. Again, while he paid $4.14 to ship it parcel, USPS don't take care of those packages. It is another reason why if someone insists on saving a dollar by having it sent on the lower rung of USPS shipping they risk damage, or it ends up in the 'dead letter bin' (real name) or not even being delivered, or in another case last year with me, I got a envelope that had been ripped by the USPS machinery to shreads, check and all. Sent media mail.

Yes, Cliff could have sent this in cardboard and could have sent me 500-1000 of them for $7.70 in the new flat rate box; or spent same money and had it sent book rate, or Priority Mail and it would not have arrived here in this condition.

I believe all shippers have 'free' boxes however, (have not shipped with UPS for months) I am not sure. I can tell you that FedEx charges for their boxes. And I got behind someone who wanted one yesterday; she brought in about a dozen gift wrapped items, laid them on the counter and asked for a box. $4.85 for the box. Loaded them in, they put a few papers around them, taped it up and off it went, $8.75. I thought to myself hell, I would have dug in the damned trash bin behind the food store next to them and got her a box for free, then used my tape gun in the Eagle (ya'll have tape guns in your Eagles I hope) and not charged her, but she still would have wanted to probably give me a few dollars, maybe for a razor to shave.

Yes, there are many people who add the shipping costs to their item, and others do not. A savvy AMCer (or anyone else, diecasts, stamps, coins, trains and other crap people collect) can easily see if they are getting cornholed on shipping or 'handling'. The people who are usually forthright and honest and up front with their charges, no hidden fees, are the ones that either stay consistently at 100% on ebay, or have high feedbacks. Again, no one wants hidden stuff, and many times the 'handling' is a major culprit. Sort of like a 'fuel charge' for those of you who own a house!

If I sold a million dollar item I would also fly out myself and delive it with them and probably sleep with them. Nah, scratch that last thought. On Johnny Lightnings, I constantly mention that not all of them are available at all parts of the US and Canada; in my auctions. What might be a flood of them on east coast, the midwest might never see in stores, and what might be common in south here, the pacific northwest never saw at all. You have hundreds of collectors of all sorts of things that are 'out in the boonies' who never saw them at all. Same with the cars and even more with parts. I wrote a article years ago about how difficult it was to find parts for anything AMC in Europe for instance. Imagine it now in 2005/6. Milk, yup. But you can buy a gallon for $2 here. However....if you go to the convienence store, it is $4.79 a gallon. Probably same damned cow.

Damned mad cow. Damned mad AMC cow with bird flu. Handle those udders. With that I leave you some stupid poetry:
http://whyfronts.tripod.com/stupidpoetry/id1.html
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825