[BaadAssGremlins] Re: cold (was sand)

And speaking of invincible, cold, pounding sand and what not. Paige left
this morning to go to work, and at the tollway her 88 Eagle stalled. She
could not get it started either and we have this program here in Houston
called Safe Clear where wreckers descend on you like a turkey on a june bug
if you break down or wreck on freeways, and you get first mile tow free,
after that they cornhole you. A wrecker appeared out of nowheres faster than
you can say Harry Potter, and towed her home, for $85, 1 1/2 miles. So she
came in and got the keys and took Bessie the 72 Ambassador SST wagon to
work. What was wrong with the Eagle?

It is 31 degrees as I write this, and wind chill is 18 degrees. She simply
jumped into the car, cranked it up, and drover, never letting it get to
operating temperature. So it stalled on her a mile or so away. I went
outside awhile ago, and it is fine, but you have to let them warm up, duh,
whether a Model A or 2006 off showroom floor, don't just jump in and driver
when cold.

Doc mentions front wheel drive. I rented a new 2006 Ford Focus recently and
was impressed with it's handling, picup, and gas mileage. Of course it looks
like a mini Gremlin/Pacer
http://www8.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/FordVehicles.jsp?target=Config&sModel=2005Focus&zip=&sBrand=Ford&partner=fv
that no one will call ugly and put on their 'top ten worst or ugly vehicles'
you know. Neat little car, would not buy one, but was impressed with it
nonetheless.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825