[BaadAssGremlins] Texas Rattlesnake For Xmas Dinner

[BaadAssGremlins] Texas Rattlesnake For Xmas Dinner

Eh, not AMC related, but since it is Christmas time and time to cook what yuh brung, here is a great rattlesnake recipe. This one is probably the largest one I have ever seen. Usually not much left of them after a shotgun blast. Lately we have been finding good sized snakes in our back yard, nothing like this, but I have gotten rather good at snaring them with the hoe, rake, or other long item, and then seeing if eyes are round (non poisonous) or slit (fajita it). One was a good 5 feet the other day, and it was hissing, I brought it inside and Paige had to change her depends, as she looked up from computer and there I was holding Satan. I let that one go out back in the bayou with all the Borg Warner M-11 and M-12 trannies and four piston Bendix calipers, great 'man made' reef for those and snappers and other critters.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com

WE GROW 'EM BIG IN TEXAS!!!

This snake was recently found at the old Turkey Creek gas plant located just south of the Alibates Turnoff on Highway 136 south of Fritch Texas.
[THAT'S JUST NORTH OF AMARILLO]

9 feet, 1 inch - 97 lbs.

No matter what anybody else tells you, kill the snake before you try to do anything else to it!?
It's the safest way for you and the snake doesn't care anymore.

DEEP-FRIED RATTLESNAKE

1 medium-sized rattlesnake (3-4 lbs.), cut into steaks
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup cracker crumbs
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
1 teaspoon salt
dash pepper

Mix dry ingredients. Whisk milk into beaten egg and use to dip snake steaks. Then coat them with dry ingredients. Fry, uncovered, in 400 degree oil until brown.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS