[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlin Garage II update - heavy wood gates...

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Onree <onree@xxxx> wrote:

> I hope that you have better luck than I did with the wood gates. My
gates
> are seven feet, and are just way to heavy for the posts holding them,
> although they seemed fine at first.
--------------
  DId you use 4x4, or 6x6 ? I had the fencer use 6x6 posts. They're X-
reinforced , and have 3 strap hinges, instead of two peg-type. He only
made them 6' high, instead of 8' like the rest of the fence ( he
thought they'd be too heavy, too ). - Jerry -
-------------------
 You will probable need at least two
> drawbars on the big gates. If you get any kind of wind, the gate
latch just
> won't hold.
> Onree

  Yeah, I"ll probably put a big heavy 2x6 locking beam on the gates in
addition to the little crude wooden lock-latch he made. I have a lock
on it as well, plus he put 2 eye-bolts thru one side, then used some
rebar as a holder in a piece of pipe in the groung to  hold it. I
doubt it'll last long, I'll have to do something more substantial, but
for now, it'll work.