Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Wheel Detailing Almost Completed

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Wheel Detailing Almost Completed

Comming along nicely Doc!
 Davsi

AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I finally got the orange painted on the last 2 wheels tuesday and
wednesday. Today starts the clean up on the wheel painted tuesday and
the entire wheel scuffed with 1000# sandpaper and masked for the 2 final
coats of semi-gloss clear. Hopefully I will have both front wheels done
and back on the car saturday or monday at the latest. Then it is onto
the next project. Out of the 6 aluminum door sill plates I have I picked
2 of the best to remove the dents, scrapes, scratches and corrosion and
then polish them. I wish I could buy repo's as this is going to be
another PIA labor intensive job. I also have a complete set of 77 AMX
flairs including the front air dam which is undamaged that I have to
strip and paint to match the orange paint on the car. I am also looking
for a place to media blast the paint off the 78 Concord AMX rear spoiler
with baking soda as not to damage the aluminum. I'd like to have this
car looking good for the spring time so I can finally drive it and enjoy
it. I have had it out of my friends shop for 2 days last October since
bringing it there last Feb. Still no firm date on getting the front
buckets upholstered. Hopefully by spring would be nice.
"Doc"